Home Energy Advisor Contractor
Contract until 31 March 2021 (with opportunities for extension)
Rates: £15/hour to £32/hour
361 Community Energy are the leading home energy advice and fuel poverty support service in North Devon and Torridge. We are seeking a home energy advice contractor or organisation to help us support those at risk or living in fuel poverty in Northern Devon. Our current project delivery includes work on the Local Energy Advice Partnership and the Western Power Priority Services Registrations. We also work closely with partners such as One Northern Devon, local authorities and health and well being organisations to support our community to reduce energy, carbon and to save money. There is also the opportunity to contribute significantly to our social aims to support the ‘Green Recovery’.
The Service Level Agreement includes delivery of the following telephone and home energy advice service:
- Supporting people with switching energy supplier and billing issues
- Energy efficiency and behaviour change advice as well as fitting energy saving items
- Priority Service Registrations
- Smart meter awareness
- Helping people accessing schemes to improve the energy efficiency of their homes
- Supporting clients with complex cases such as energy, water debt and grant applications
- Helping people to access other services which could help to bring them out of fuel poverty
- Support our other activities such as green homes retrofit and climate awareness events
- City & Guilds Level 3 Energy Awareness (or willing to train) or equivalent relevant experience or qualifications
- Experience of delivering home energy advice to vulnerable clients in an impartial and non-judgmental way
- Self-employed with Unique Tax Reference and Insurance
- Used to working on your own initiative and self-driven to help us reach ambitious targets
- Home worker with good internet speed and ability to make phone calls
- Be able to attend virtual team meetings
- Experience with data bases/CRMs to record client outcomes
- Ability to travel across North Devon and Torridge
- Local knowledge of social prescribing and health and wellbeing organisations an advantage
- Provide your own equipment and PPE
- Enhanced DBS
- Ability to attend training to deliver our customers projects such as LEAP.
- Flexible working but should be available for at least 16 hours a week.
We will consider contractors from outside the area for telephone advice only contract as long as willing to keep up to date with and promote North Devon services.
Download a copy of the Service Level Agreement Contract.
To discuss the contract please contact 01271 599361.
Please email your CV and a accompanying letter explaining how you meet the specifications of the contract to email@example.com